Re: [Patch] apps-menu

Christopher Roy Bratusek <zanghar freenet de> writes:
> Am Fri, 20 Aug 2010 07:29:56 -0600
> schrieb Matthew Love <matth love gmail com>:

>> Here is another patch for apps-menu.jl.
>>
>> This fixes the issues with the language-strings in the desktop files.
>> It now better follows the freedesktop.org specifications.
>>
>> Please test to make sure it is working for all.
>>

> it does here, waiting for others, though. Besides patch looks ok.

No problems with the patch for me.  I did notice, though, that there are
(and presumably were before, but I didn't check) two entries under
"Settings" for "Synaptic Package Manager" on my system.  This is
evidently because there are two desktop files: synaptic.desktop and
synaptic-kde.desktop.  Here's a diff:

diff synaptic.desktop synaptic-kde.desktop
130c130
< Exec=su-to-root -X -c /usr/sbin/synaptic
---
> Exec=synaptic
134,135c134,136
< Categories=PackageManager;GTK;System;Settings;
< NotShowIn=KDE;
---

--
Jeremy Hankins <nowan nowan org>