Re: Draft animator bug: help?

Am Tue, 17 Aug 2010 16:56:38 -0500
schrieb Jeremy Hankins <nowan nowan org>:

> Christopher Roy Bratusek <zanghar freenet de> writes:
> > Am Tue, 17 Aug 2010 14:18:36 -0500
> > schrieb Jeremy Hankins <nowan nowan org>:
>
> >> Well, display-message solves this problem somehow, I would think.
> >> But I don't think I can be much help figuring it out.
>
> > Nope. display-message is affected as well.
>
> That's not happening on my end.  display-message is displaying in the
> default font as it ought, with the patch applied.  The coordinate
> numbers displayed as part of the draft animation are in a different
> font.
>
> From sawfish-client try:
>
> (display-message "Foo" (list (cons 'font (get-font "fixed"))))
> (display-message "Foo" (list (cons 'font (get-font "Sans"))))

display-message uses a message struct.

I meant, when you switch windows, is the name of the window displayed with the correct
font? It's not here.

On the other hand we simply might provide a new func for animators, keeping the old for
the other stuff. x-draw-text I don't care whether draft-animator use a different font.
(this would be a better name, as we actually use XDrawText not XDrawString).