Re: problem with interactive move/resize when cursor is away

"Jose A. Ortega Ruiz" <jao gnu org> writes:

> "Jose A. Ortega Ruiz" <jao gnu org> writes:
>
>> the cursor seems to be positioned correctly at first, when i start
>> moving the window (using the arrow keys), it jumps back to its original
>> position.
>
> sorry, i had tried several things and got it mixed up: the actual
> problem when using move-resize-by-key-cursor is that, when the first
> movement key is pressed, the window (not the cursor, which has been
> programatically placed at its center) jumps away from its current
> position... it is as if the window is preserving its relative position
> respect the original cursor position.
>
> thanks!
> jao

Hi Jao,

I think i found the problem, or rather the solution, as I'm not too
familiar with X protocol.

Change the following in the move-resize-by-key-cursor.jl file:

On line 71 change (allow-events 'sync-both) to (allow-events
'async-both)

and do the same to line 85, reload the (move-resize-by-key-cursor.jl),
then all should be well...it is here anyway.

Not sure why though...

http://books.google.com/books?id=DgzG_28omiYC&pg=PA75&lpg=PA75&dq=syncboth+xorg&source=bl&ots=dF-0_DhuaB&sig=9IlosYYUDekFpqAjSzw84GqqSPo&hl=en&ei=amSoStbUGYncsgODh-3yBA&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=3

Cheers,

--
Matthew Love