Re: Commands of KDE4?

On Wednesday 02 September 2009 22:13:28 Christopher Roy Bratusek wrote:
> - Is there an environment variable notifying us that KDE is running?

Some.
http://techbase.kde.org/KDE_System_Administration/Environment_Variables

> - How to get the KSM session-prefix/session-id via
> command-line/getenv?

I don't know exactly what you mean, but I think KSM is supposed to be
XSMP compatible, so you should not need anything KDE-specific for basic
session management.

> - What command is used as help-browser
> (khelpcenter?)

Yes, for reading KDE documentation (in docbook format).

> - What command is used as control-center (kcontrol?)

systemsettings in KDE 4.

> - What command is used to pop-up the "About KDE-Dialog" (if any)?

Don't know.

> - What command is used to pop-up the KDE Logout-Dialog?

I think this should do the trick
$ qdbus org.kde.ksmserver /KSMServer \
	org.kde.KSMServerInterface.logout 1 -1 -1

> - What options is used to make shutdown/logout pre-selected in the
> Logout-Dialog?

Don't know, maybe the same method with some other parameters.

--
	Timo Korvola		<URL:http://www.iki.fi/tkorvola>