Re: reboot/shutdown menu entries for non-GNOME/KDE users

Hi,

On my system, I use following commands, it needn't root privilege:

shutdown:

dbus-send --system --dest=org.freedesktop.Hal  \
/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/computer  \
org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.SystemPowerManagement.Shutdown

reboot:

dbus-send --system --dest=org.freedesktop.Hal  \
/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/computer  \
org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.SystemPowerManagement.Reboot

I think other system (eg. Fedora, Ubuntu), should be OK.