Re: [VOTE] expand-window Vs maximize-fill-window

On Friday 09 October 2009 18:44:33 Christopher Roy Bratusek wrote:
> so I added (locally) contract-window,

Not in the attached patch, which only defines expand-window.

> a) replace maximize-fill-window by grow-window-* based expand-window

I don't use it myself, but the implementation of maximize-fill-window
seems simple and elegant.  Why would it need to be replaced?  Note that
if you call grow-window to all four directions in sequence like in the
posted patch, the result may depend on the order.

> b) add maximize-unfill-window (ugly name I know)

Very ugly for something that makes the window smaller.  contract-window
was a better name.

--
	Timo Korvola		<URL:http://www.iki.fi/tkorvola>