Re: Help on heads

Hi, I have two heads. :-o

Jeremy Hankins said:     (by the date of Fri, 09 Oct 2009 13:08:15 -0500)

> maximize-window and get-visible-window-edges have code to handle
> multiple heads, but I'm not 100% sure how heads work, and thus what
> changes I need to make to those bits to make maximize-window work
> without having to switch viewports.
>
> My guess based on the sawfish docs and what I see in the code is this:
>
>  - When there's more than one head a given viewport includes all of
>    them, and screen-width/height give the dimensions of both heads put
>    together.

is there a command to run in  sawfish-client to obtain those
dimensions? Then I'll tell you what values I get. My head
configuration is 1600x1200 (left) and 1920x1200 (right).
Maybe in a month I will have even three heads? Would be interesting
to test that too :)

>  - head-offset and head-dimensions are going to be constant for a
>    particular head across viewports -- i.e., changing the viewport will
>    not change these values.

I suppose that this is right. If you have some command to run in
sawfish-client, I'll gladly paste you the output.