Re: Annoying mouse binding problem

Hi,
hanche math ntnu no (2009-03-16 at 1715.35 +0100):
> I have a four button trackball. The four buttons are 1, 2, 3, and 6,
> after a trivial bit of xmodmap hackery. I have bound button 6 to move
> and resize windows.
>
> Here is a highly edited excerpt from .sawfish/custom:
>
> (custom-set-keymap
>  (quote window-keymap)
>  (quote
>   (keymap (move-window-interactively . "Button6-Click")
> 	  (resize-window-interactively . "Button6-S-Click"))))

-S- as in Shift? S-Button6-Click, mods first.

> This works just fine most of the time. But once in a while, it stops
> working, and clicks on button 6 go right throught to the window below
> instead of letting me move or resize windows. Restarting sawfish does
> not help, and this sad state of affairs remains until I log out and
> back in. [*]

It reminds me of stuck mods issue I had time ago. Now I have funny
mods under heavy load: Sawfish sees the key with mod and the app
without; I use H-d to lower a window, with two stacked I can see how
Ds appear as input while they change stacking order. It seems when
kernel or X11 solves one thing, other appears.

GSR