Re: [DECISION] Two pending patches

Christopher Roy Bratusek <zanghar freenet de> writes:
> http://sawfish.wikia.com/wiki/Clean-up_for_Zimmerman's_iconify_patch
>
> As far as I understood Teika, that patch is not complete now.

Well, r4373 was a mistake and should be reverted.  Beyond that it is
not quite easy to see what would be the right thing here.

I took a brief look at how iconify-window-hook and
window-state-change-hook are currently being used in Sawfish (no idea
if any separately distributed code uses them).  I am beginning to
think that neither hook should be called when a window starts as
iconic.  I think Teika is on the right track in modifying add_window
to check for the IconicState hint but perhaps one should not use
iconify-window there because it calls the hooks.  In any case it feels
wrong to call those hooks before add-window-hook.

> http://sawfish.wikia.com/wiki/Avoid_errors_on_windows_with_no_class
>
> For it sound logic to first check for a second property before asking
> for it. But I'm awaiting comments from Timo on this.

Ah, there is has a patch for this.  I have actually run into the same
problem.  It is really Mathematica that is broken here, but as we
cannot fix it, we can only try to make Sawfish more error-tolerant.
I'll try to test this patch next week.

--
	Timo Korvola		<URL:http://www.iki.fi/tkorvola>