Re: Failure of sawfish to build with Fedora 11

Am Mon, 22 Jun 2009 00:17:33 +1000
schrieb Allan Duncan <amd2345 fastmail com au>:

> I have a curious failure to build sawfish on F11.  From the build log:
> RPM build errors:
>      File not found:
> /home/alland/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/sawfish-1.5.0-1.i386/rep/i686-pc-linux-gnu/sawfish
>
> which is quite true, the place where the files are at is:
> /home/alland/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/sawfish-1.5.0-1.i386/usr/lib/rep/i686-pc-linux-gnu/sawfish/
>
> Same code on F10 works as advertised.  Suggestions welcome.
> I have logs of the autogen.sh run and the rpm build if helpful.
>
> There is also an error that has been around for a while that doesn't
> break the  build:
> main.c:41:19: error: build.h: No such file or directory
>
> build.h is created _after_ it is used in main.c, but with the same
> timestamp as main.o, so maybe there is a race between threads or
> processes.

build.h is created correctly on my system (running with -Wall -ansi,
gcc would complain if build.h would not be in place before main.c is
beeing compiled). Also this file-not-found error is -perhaps- coming
from the spec-file, I'll check it now.