Re: Child window information

From: Ruchi Bajoria <bajoriar sg ibm com>
Subject: Re: Child window information
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 11:01:40 +0800

> @Petter: If Sawfish does not mainain this ( assuming what you said
> is true ) , do you think I need to use Gtk to get more detailed
> window information? I am using Sawfish with Gnome.

It's been a while since I've worked with Gtk, but the lower level X11
libraries contains the structure you're after. You could look at the
source of xwininfo as a start if you want to go down this route.

> @Ethan: Im not so sure about parsing as I am not that fluent in lisp
> yet... I would only like to try it if there is no other way out.
> Please do let me know if you are aware of any previous work done on
> this. Thanks!

The rep Lisp is (unfortunately) not Common Lisp so you will probably
have to port a Common Lisp parser generator like Zebu, Meta, CL-YACC,
etc. to rep, which might be some amount of work.

But I would assume you could get pretty far by grep'ing out the
hierarchy from xwininfo and generate a tree Lisp structure that you
could load into sawfish and process.

Petter