Re: dynamic viewports?

Christopher Roy Bratusek <zanghar freenet de> writes:
> On Sun, 26 Jul 2009 20:59:05 +0200
> Christopher Roy Bratusek <zanghar freenet de> wrote:
>
> O.K. It does not work like ID, it's completely different. But this is
> nice, too. So this will be in, once you think all (known) glitches are
> gone and you provide a doc update for man/sawfish.texi :)

I'm working on them -- though I'll be out of town next week.  I've fixed
the problem where the vp boundaries don't stay fixed when moving by
fractions of a vp (e.g., via infinite-desktop), and the
workspace-switching issue (vp location is now preserved for each
workspace), but not the viewport-minimum-dimensions issue (more on that
below).  Do you want that fix now, or shall I wait?

Also, what sort of documentation is needed?  There's nothing in
man/sawfish.texi about, e.g., window matching that I found, so I don't
imagine new-viewport et al need anything.  You evidently already
included a bit on viewport-boundary-mode dynamic.  Besides what you
added I could include something about how it shrinks as well, and
viewport-minimum-dimensions.  Is that what you mean?

[re viewport-minimum-dimensions]

> It should be ignored, as when switching back from dynamic to stop or
> wrap-around the pager only shows the size of minimum-viewports, until
> you once edge-flip (or otherwise switch VP).

Hmmm...  I'm not sure I understand the scenario you're describing.  How
did you end up with a viewport-minimum-dimensions different from
viewport-dimensions?  The way it's supposed to work (as it's currently
written, unless there's a bug) is that any attempt to set
viewport-dimensions sets viewport-minimum-dimensions as well, so
whatever viewport-minimum-dimensions is, that's the size that was
requested by the user.  The only way the two could diverge is if (a) you
first set viewport-dimensions, then set viewport-minimum-dimensions to
something smaller (which should have no effect), or (b) you're using
dynamic mode.  In my tests leaving dynamic mode leaves the viewport
dimensions as they are at the time dynamic mode is turned off.

--
Jeremy Hankins <nowan nowan org>