Re: rep could not find interpreter.jl

Flashrider wrote:

> On Sun, 26 Jul 2009 08:04:33 -0700 (PDT)
> cheneymx <lizhuochen gmail com> wrote:
>

>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> Today I tried updating from sawfish 1.3.3 (the stabil version in
>> Gentoo-Portage) to sawfish
>> 1.5. So I had to at first install librep 0.90.0 by using following
>> command:
>>
>> --------------------------------
>> $ configure --prefix /usr && make && make install
>> --------------------------------
>>
>> Everything built OK but when I started to run 'rep', then I got
>> folloing error message:
>>
>> --------------------------------
>> error--> (file-error "No such file or directory"
>> "rep/lang/interpreter") --------------------------------
>>
>> But the file exists already in the path:
>> /usr/share/rep/0.90.0/lisp/rep/lang/iterpreter.jl'
>>
>> I then tried reverting librep to 0.17 by using the ebuild in
>> Gentoo-Portage.
>>
>> Again, the rep can not find the file in
>> '/usr/share/rep/0.17/lisp/rep/lang/iterpreter.jl'
>>
>> After searching for a long time in internet, I found a temporal
>> solution: set the enviroment
>> variable 'REP_LOAD_PATH=/usr/share/rep/0.17/lisp' and the rep can now
>> find the files, but now I
>> can not compile sawfish anymore, because the makefiles of sawfish
>> using also this enviroment
>> variable.
>>
>> I have really no idea, why the rep can not find the files, which were
>> installed by himself.
>>
>> Could anybody help?
>>
>> Regards
>> Li
>
> What libtool version do you have? I also can't figure out why, but
> using ./autogen.sh instead of configure may solve the issue.
>
> Chris

my libtool version: 1.5.26  (the newest stabil version in Gentoo-Portage)

I have tried ./autogen.sh, but the issue was not solved.

following is the output by autogen.sh:

== == == == == == == == == == == == ==

librep:	0.90.0

== == == == == == == == == == == == ==

prefix:       /usr
exec_prefix:  ${prefix}
libdir:       ${exec_prefix}/lib
libexecdir:   ${exec_prefix}/libexec

== == == == == == == == == == == == ==

compiler:	gcc
cflags:	-g -O2 -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wmissing-prototypes
preprocessor: gcc -E
cppflags:
ldflags:
makeflags:

libgmp:	yes
libgdbm:	yes
readline:	yes
libffi:	no

During the whole compilation I have not seen any errors.

Regards
Li