[no subject]

If I stop X, install sawfish 1.5.0, and restart X (leaving the
above mentioned session-related files unchanged) I get an OK
desktop (sawfish starts and desktop icons are placed correctly).
But the desktop takes several seconds to appear (as opposed to a
pretty much instantaneous startup with sawfish 1.3.5.1).

Now -- with sawfish 1.5.0 running -- I exit gnome and choose to
save the current session on exit.  Then (no X running, at the
console) I see that there is no longer any file in
~/.sawfish/sessions, and the file ~/.gnome2/session contains no
mention of sawfish.  Not surprisingly, then, when I restart
X/gnome, I have no window manager and everything is screwed up.

Allin Cottrell