Re: Compilation error

Am Sun, 12 Jul 2009 12:27:23 +0300
schrieb Mihai Călin Bazon <mihai bazon gmail com>:

> On Sun, Jul 12, 2009 at 12:19 PM, Christopher Roy Bratusek <
> zanghar freenet de> wrote:
>
> > Am Sun, 12 Jul 2009 11:16:32 +0300
> > schrieb Mihai Călin Bazon <mihai bazon gmail com>:
> >
> > > Hi folks,
> > >
> > > I compiled and installed (just updated from GIT) librep and
> > > rep-gtk using all defaults (i.e. they went into /usr/local).
> > > Then trying to compile Sawfish yields the following error:
> > >
> > > error--> (file-error "No such file or directory" "rep/util/utf8")
> > >
> > > Indeed, there's no utf8.jl file in
> > > /usr/local/share/rep/0.90.1/lisp/rep/util.  It seems to be
> > > required from lisp/sawfish/gtk/widget.jl.  Googling this didn't
> > > give any relevant results.  Does anyone know where could I find
> > > the missing file(s)?
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> >
> > it's there: src/utf8.c
> >
> > ... did you just git pull? if so you need to run autogen.sh before
> > configure.
> >
> > on my system it's here:
> >
> > /usr/lib/rep/0.90.0/i586-mandriva-linux-gnu/rep/util/utf8.{so,{l,}a}
> >

> Yes, the code is up-to-date and I ran autogen.sh for each of librep,
> rep-gtk and sawfish.  I do have the utf8.* files (though the compiled
> ones went in /usr/local on my system) — yet I get that error.  I was
> guessing that it expects to find a file named "utf8.jl" in the lisp
> path (it requires rep.util.utf8).
>
> BTW, I also have an older version of sawfish installed from Ubuntu (in
> default path - /usr), I wonder if that matters.
>
> Cheers,
> -M.

oops, that means that you have librep/rep-gtk/sawfish in both /usr
and /usr/local, but: in the ldpath /usr comes first, so your sawfish
from /usr/local uses librep/rep-gtk from /usr, either uninstall the
Ubuntu one from /usr or re-install your custom one to /usr/ (and remove
it from /usr/local), or reverse the ldpath.

In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?