Re: [IMPORTANT] Move librep/rep-gtk/sawfish to

Christopher Roy Bratusek said:     (by the date of Fri, 30 Jan 2009 20:44:02 +0100)

> Hi all,
> We discussed earlier about switching the sawfish-host and dvcs. Now I
> decided to move. Why? Pretty easy, I lost my ssh-key _before_ I was able
> to back it up, and now I'm already waiting 10 days for the new one to be
> accepted. Since I'm already hosting something on, I
> thought it would be a good Idea. But - of course - I first want to here
> your opionions on that.

I think it was about 2 weeks to get through bureaucracy.

You should start using rsnapshot now (to a different machine). I use
it and I'm pretty satisfied. I configured it once about a year ago on
raid-5 and never had problems. Though currently it's turned off,
because one of HDDs failed and I prefer to wait for replacement than
using it without redundancy. But the replacement HDD is ready to take
from the store already, I just need to go there. Heh.

> What offers:

If you asked me, I'm not a fan of moving around to another server.
Maybe you can send to gnome admins an email again, to make them act a
bit faster and wait, like, 5 more days?

This will be a hassle for everyone else (not just me) who already
have access to repo. Think about translators too. They work on many
gnome projects, and will simply stop translating. And what about the
bug database? Moving every single bug is a bit weird. Having two bug
databases is even more confusing.

That's based on my experience I had with moving YADE from berlios to
launchpad. We actually never completed the move, and people are still
more or less confused, about where the project is hosted.

Janek Kozicki                                                         |

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]