Re: [DECISION] Two pending patches

Hi.

On Sat, 28 Feb 2009 10:35:37 +0100, Christopher Roy Bratusek wrote:
> http://sawfish.wikia.com/wiki/Clean-up_for_Zimmerman's_iconify_patch
>
> As far as I understood Teika, that patch is not complete now. So perhaps
> you might help.

Now I, Teika, am back.

Can I ask one more question? (One is solved by Timo.)
In the above patch, call to 'iconify-window' is done quite early,
just before before-add-window-hook. There, window set up is not complete.

The doc on before-add-window-hook says:
# This occurs before the window is created, installed or placed.  At
# this early stage, the only safe action is to set properties of the
# window (with `window-set').

As far as I tried, it seems to work, but is it really safe?

Thanks beforhand.

> http://sawfish.wikia.com/wiki/Avoid_errors_on_windows_with_no_class
> For it sound logic to first check for a second property before asking
> for it. But I'm awaiting comments from Timo on this.

I can't answer this right now. More difficult than I thought.

Teika (Teika kazura)