Re: What keysym is for scroll-wheel-up and scroll-wheel-down in bindings?

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 10:54:34AM +0100, Christopher Roy Bratusek wrote:

> I just wanted to try to bind cycle-windows to "scroll-wheel-up" and
> cycle-windows-backwards to "scroll-wheel-down", but I can't find the
> correct binding for that (Tried Button4-Off/Click, same for Button5).

"Scroll-up" and "Scroll-down" are usually bound as mouse buttons 4
and 5.  Mouse buttons can be remapped in xorg.conf file (or
equivalent) but this is usually not the case.

Once again emacs with its 'describe-key' function is pretty good in
describing what key presses, if any, you are seeing in such
situations.  In practice more readable than 'xev' which will flood
you with many other events you do not care about at the given
moment. :-)

I would be very careful with binding cycle-windows to a scroll
wheel.  You are likely to get many more button events that you
really wanted to see.

   Michal