Re: Broken enter-exit focus behavior in 1.5.3

On 2009-11-30 at 18:29+02 Timo Korvola <Timo Korvola iki fi> wrote:

> On Monday 30 November 2009 03:39:39 sand blarg net wrote:

> > I first noticed this with the raise-lower-window-and-transients
> > command, which I have bound to Mouse2 in titlebars.  The lowered
> > window maintains the focus, when the new top window should get
> > focus.
>
> I cannot reproduce this.  If lowering causes the topmost window
> under the pointer to change, the new window gets focus.  If lowering
> does not cause the pointer to change window, focus remains in the
> lowered window as it should.

I can reproduce it: when I lower a window using M-Button3-Click, and
it changes the topmost window, the focus stays with the old window,
instead of moving to the window that the pointer is now on.

> Have you bound the command to Button2-Click instead of Button2-Off?
> Generally only menus should be bound to Click actions.

Ah, that was it.  My bindings were:

    Context: Window

    M-Button1-C-Click       Move window interactively
    W-Button2-Click         Popup window menu
    M-Button3-Click         Lower window
    M-Button1-Click         Raise window

I changed that to:

    Context: Window

    M-Button1-C-Click       Move window interactively
    W-Button2-Click         Popup window menu
    M-Button3-Off           Lower window
    M-Button1-Off           Raise window

Now the new window properly gets the focus.  Thanks for the tip.