Re: New questionnaire on your usage of Sawfish

Am Samstag, den 29.08.2009, 10:09 -0500 schrieb Jeremy Hankins:
Christopher Roy Bratusek <zanghar freenet de> writes:

>> An alternate approach would be to use the gravity to decide the 0,0
>> point for the initial placement.  I'd be happy to come up with a
>> patch, if desired.
>
> Yes. If you wrap a matcher around gravity or modify gravity directly
> is you decision.

I can't use the gravity to specify the origin for position since gravity
may not be set yet, so here's a slightly different approach.  With the
patch below it's possible to specify a gravity instead of x,y
coordinates as a position, in which case the gravity is set and the
window is placed in the appropriate position: in a corner, centered on
an edge, or at the center of the screen.  It also sets the gravity if a
negative x or y are provided.

One problem is that the patch doesn't make this functionality available
to the configuration interface, and I don't know how easy that would be
to do.

That is no problem ;)

we got two meta-widgets: (and (widget1) (widget2)) and (or (widget1) (widget2))

in this case use:

(position (or (pair (number 0) (number 0)) (choice north north-east north-west east south-east south-west west)))

 It would be possible to separate this out to a different match
setter, though that would presumably require adding to the hack at line
303 (presumably that has something to do with placement code?).

So this is a very good solution, I'll try it out, now

Thanks for your efforts,