Re: Does anyone know X and utf-8? Help us with ui i18n prob.

Am Montag, den 24.08.2009, 23:12 +0800 schrieb Wang Diancheng:

>     > It seems to me that the problem is with print representations of
>     > non- ascii strings.  That would be a pure rep problem, nothing to
>     > do with X property handling or even Sawfish.  It is just that
>     > print representations don't read back right.  Try to eval a
>     > non-ascii string in rep and see how the printed return value
>     > looks. Note that princ or format %s of the string works but format
>     > %S does not.  Setting print-escape to nil would seem to help, but
>     > the string escaping should really be fixed.
>
>     > -- Timo Korvola <URL:http://www.iki.fi/tkorvola>
>

> It is indeed, following is a simple patch to fix the utf-8 related
> bug. Note that this patch only keep it compatible with utf-8 charset, I
> don't known other charsets' status. I think it is better remove 'Escape
> all control codes' (print-escape value) completely.

Great. It's working now, also when browsing a CJK site, it shows the
same "boxes" in the titlebar than the browser (normally set to de, no
CJK stuff available). previously it showed up \(163* blah or something
similar, right? So are the CJK issues gone, too?

This means I can finally intltoolize sawfish (no need for this, but else
the gnome-translation team won't translate for us).