Re: Draft Animator Broken?

Hi, Chris & all.

On Sat, 04 Apr 2009 23:10:26 +0200, Christopher Roy Bratusek wrote:
> Teika says (on Proposed Goals page)
>>> "Animator 'draft' does not work"
> Do you mean it does absolutely not work, or just
> displaying of dimensions? The later is the case for
> me, the former not. (Just to clarify things)

It's completely broken, at least for resizing.

The bug is there, because floor() returns *float* type integer, not
integer type. It's just the same as glibc, so it's ok.
(If you feel it's strange, consider round(1.0e+50). It overflows as
int.)  The bug can be fixed by replacing floor() with quotient().

Once I was in the same trap ;)

The problems I'd like to consider are that:
1. The librep manual is misleading.
2. Seems no type conversion float -> int in librep.

I doubt if I can implement float -> int. (I'll deal with the doc.)
I don't know either what's the recommended way to do so in C. Let f a
float var.
1. Check that the abs(f) is small enough to be int.
2. Do (int) round(f).
Is this so?

One more minor related bug is there. In configurator, full animator
options doesn't appear until you open move/resize section in UI.

And for elliptical, I think it's easier to grasp the result if there's
only inner ellipse. (It's "de gustibo" something, so it's up to you,
Chris. Developer's privilege :-)

Thanks,
Teika (Teika kazura)