Re: lightweight desktop: components?

* Kristian Rink <kawazu zimmer428 net> wrote:
> sawfish as a lightweight and visually enjoyable wm ...
> What other components along with sawfish do you use out there?

> - desktop panel / tasklist / system tray,

None.  However, I have some other vaguely similar widgets...

  - sawfish-pager: provides a small overview of my desktops
  - conky: shows realtime system info (similar to gkrellm)

> - desktop background setting / configuration app,

Custom background chooser, uses "Esetroot" to actually set the
background.  It basically picks a random image from my collection
each time I log in.

Config app?  None.  If I get sick of my current image, I just run
"bkgd" until it picks one I'm in the mood for.

> - app for providing desktop icons (if any),

None.

> - visual file manager?

None.

Your mileage may vary.  I don't particularly like the mouse, and
most of my time is spent in xterms, gvim, xchat, and web
browsers.  So, all this gnomey stuff is irrelevant to me.

http://toykeeper.net/tmp/chi-2007-01-31f.png

At least it keeps things uncluttered.  :)

-- Scott