Re: again about "Alpha backgrounds"

Philip Langdale said:     (by the date of Wed, 30 Jan 2008 18:01:38 -0800)

> Ah. I remember now. The trick is you have to start xcompmgr *before*
> sawfish. (in practice, this means restarting sawfish after starting
> xcompmgr). Then gnome-terminal should be able to detect the alpha
> visuals.

ok. Since Andrea had to take latest xcompmgr version 1.1.3 from git
repository, while in debian we still have 1.1.1 (in experimental) I
think that we better wait with your patch a little bit, until
xcompmgr gets more popular.

Maybe when xcompmgr gets more popular the GTK guy will fix that
problem on their side?

well, sorry for that ;-)