Re: getting most out of debugging sawfish (need debian packaging help)

On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 3:26 PM, Janek Kozicki <janek_listy wp pl> wrote:
> For instance I have sawfish-dbg package installed also, but still the
> executable is stripped:
>
>  $ file `which sawfish`
>
>  /usr/bin/sawfish: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1
>  (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.8,
>  stripped
>
> anyone got any ideas?

I don't have the sawfish-dbg package installed, but I'm guessing that
installing sawfish-dbg places the debugging information (line
information, variable locations, etc. etc.) someplace where GDB
magically knows to look for it.  This has several benefits--easier
packaging, debug vs. normal packages don't stop on each other, etc.
etc.

-Nathan