wait for pager window

not sure this is the right forum, but well, here it goes...

i'm trying to tune the pager to my taste and i got into the following problem. whenever i start the pager within the after-initialization-hook or my own test function and i try to get a handler to its window (get-window-by-name) i get nothing back.

it happens like that when i'm starting the pager from within the same function i'm  trying to get a handler to its window.

i thought that sleeping after calling the pager would fix it, but it did not. then tried thread-yield from rep and it did not work either.

It seems that i'm not understanding the threading mechanism involved here.

perhaps the general question would be: how to wait for a window until it's fully created?

thanks,
 Rodrigo