Re: Compiling rep-gtk on Slackware 12.0

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 09:05:12AM -0400, Joel J. Adamson wrote:
> Michal Jaegermann <michal harddata com> writes:
> > Here are corresponding
> > lines from my spec file for rep-gtk:
> >
> > make %{?_smp_mflags} host_type=%{_target_platform} \
> >     'rep_LIBTOOL = $(repcommonexecdir)/libtool --tag=CXX'
>
> I can't locate this line in the Makefile.in or resulting Makefile.

Of course not.  This is a make invocation which is using
additional arguments.  Those "%{...}" are rpmbuild macros which
expand to something reasonable.  Adjust to your circumstances and
taste.

> Nevertheless adding "--tag=..." to the only line I could find doesn't
> add it to the resulting line after the make command.

It does not - obviously enough; but setting rep_LIBTOOL to something
else than a default is what makes that diference here.  Quotes
are vitally important.

   Michal