Re: Desktop Keybindings don't work

On Sun, Apr 13, 2008 at 12:56 AM, Christopher Bratusek
<nano-master gmx de> wrote:
> Hmm, when I'm pressing F2 for Shift+Del to rename or delete files on my
>  Desktop (Nautilus is the shell) that doesn't work, even when I'm using
>  the context menu -> rename option and typing something that doesn't work
>  The Panel has the focus when no window is open (when I'm just pressing
>  enter on the empty desktop, the last opened window will appear). Is
>  there a way to give the desktop the focus when no other window is
>  opened?

I'm using a variation of "sloppy focus" focus mode, and IIRC as
default it should never give focus to the desktop but I've added a
couple of rules (with "Matched Windows") to behave with Gnome: never
focus the panel and "click" as desktop focus mode. I could be wrong
but I've read somewhere long time ago that the focus on the panel
should be managed differently than normal windows, for sure my
suggestion above it's only a workaround. ^__^

I'll give a look.

--
Andrea