Desktop Keybindings don't work

Hmm, when I'm pressing F2 for Shift+Del to rename or delete files on my
Desktop (Nautilus is the shell) that doesn't work, even when I'm using
the context menu -> rename option and typing something that doesn't work
The Panel has the focus when no window is open (when I'm just pressing
enter on the empty desktop, the last opened window will appear). Is
there a way to give the desktop the focus when no other window is
opened?