Re: [newbie] window groups?

On 06 Mar 2007 00:24:59 -0500, Ian Zimmerman <itz madbat mine nu> wrote:

Can you explain the concept of window groups in sawfish from the user
(not Lisp programmer) perspective?  What are they good for?

I'm trying to make sawfish align the various pieces of Beep Media Player
(which for a window manager should look identical to XMMS) when it
starts up.  If I don't do anything, the main player window seems to
follow sawfish default policy (in my case, best fit) while the playlist
seems to force itself centered in the workspace.  And unlike XMMS, BMP
doesn't seem to have an option to remember its position, so even if I
manually drag the pieces where I want them, next time it's all wrong
again.

First of all, i suggest you to switch to Audacious if you are still
using BMP classic:
http://bmp.beep-media-player.org/index.php/BMP_Homepage  (=

If i'm not wrong, BMP remembers screen position as default, i'm sure
Audacious does it, so create a match for it and set "Place mode" to
"none".

--
Andrea