Re: Reparenting cleanup

On 3/4/07, Timo Korvola <Timo Korvola iki fi> wrote:
"Andrea Vettorello" <andrea vettorello gmail com> writes:
> I can fix GPP commenting out a line in gpm-prefs.c (it's the
> "gtk_widget_hide (main_window)" in hidegpm_prefs_create),

It should be fixed in GPP.  What is the point of such window flashing?

Seems it removes widgets at runtime if something isn't available and
to avoid redrawing/resizing it hides the window. It doesn't look
clean, but is not used anymore in the SVN version. (=

> but i would like to see this solved in Sawfish.

If my theory about the other race condition is correct (I haven't
actually managed to cause that situation), it should also be fixed in
Sawfish.

For what i can say, your patch fixed both the GPP and my dumb test.
Just for curiosity's sake i've tried FVWM and it has troubles to
manage them, the windows aren't mapped at all.

--
Andrea