Re: sawfish configuration (SOLVED)

On date Saturday 2007-01-13 12:12:10 -0800, arnuld opened this window:
> >I gzipped it to save bandwidth. But you can anyway retrieve it at:
>
> >http://mail.gnome.org/archives/sawfish-list/2007-January/binyqadcYpDgg.bin
>
> thanks but my Emacs doe snot read that :-(
> are you sure it is a text file?

No, it's gzipped, you have to rename it and gunzip it.

You can do it with:
wget http://mail.gnome.org/archives/sawfish-list/2007-January/binyqadcYpDgg.bin -O - | gunzip > sawfishrc

> >Scwm (http://scwm.sourceforge.net/) was cool too, it adopted Scheme as
> >the basic language but it seems dead since 2000.
>
> i did not know that earlier. i chose SCWM earlier & tried to install
> it, met with a compile error, found ZERO documentation, abandoned it.
> Dale, on SCWM mailing list,  told me that he is working on it to bring
> it up with GUILE 1.8.x but he doe s not promise any release for now.

Well it can't compile anymore with recent versions of guile (1.6 or
1.8), it's built against guile 1.3 (and I think there are other issues
with GTK), so it will be *a very big work* to bring it up... very good
news to hear anyway, and I hope he will succed.

> >Ooops... I've been using that signature for months, thanks for make me
> >aware of it ;-).
>
> my pleasure,  Stefano. BTW, i am registered Linux user now, see my sig.  :-)

:-)

Cheers
--
Stefano Sabatini