Debian debug sawfish packages [Was: Sawfish/Gnome/Xinerama dropping windows]

On Sat, Dec 08, 2007 at 05:50:48PM -0800, Scott Anderson wrote:
> I'm using the Debian Etch version of sawfish.  If someone else can
> address this question, please do.  Otherwise, I'll have to look into
> it after my college finals are over next week.
>
> Can we get a Debian package of sawfish with debug enabled?

Um, do you mean officially in Debian, or would a private repository be
enough?

A package for etch would have to be unofficial anyways, since the
distro is frozen. I can set it up kind-of-easily. I'll work on doing
that over the week.

Making an 'official' debug version available in testing/unstable would
be a little harder, since I'd have to find a way to make it coexist
with the regular package. What does the list think? Would it have
enough users to make it worth the effort?