Re: help eliminating error popups from sawfish

On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 20:25:01 -0600 Scott Scriven <sawfish-list toykeeper net> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I've been getting some errors from sawfish whenever I run certain
> programs, and wonder how I could either fix the errors or get rid
> of the messages.
>
> Specifically, about half the time, whenever a java program opens
> a new window, or whenever I change desktops and expose a java
> program, sawfish tells me something such as:
>
>   Bad argument: #<subr x-atom-name>, 1684090739, 1
>
> It doesn't seem to affect anything, but it's annoying to have to
> click it to make it disappear.  I'd prefer to log a traceback
> somewhere, instead of seeing a pop-up onscreen.
>
> So, any ideas?

The sawfish variable 'error-destination can be used to direct error
messages to different destinations. It probably has the value 'screen
in your case, try to set it to 'standard-error instead. This should
make the error message go to stderr (possibly redirected to
~/.xsession-errors).

This setting can be altered from within sawfish-ui as well,
(Miscellaneous -> Error Handling).

 - Vegard -