Re: sawfish script file

On Fri, Sep 22, 2006 at 12:31:34PM -0700, Mark Diekhans wrote:

> This trick with sh will work. However, sawfish-client does
> generate a lot of noise with command echoing:
>
> #!/bin/sh
> # sh doesn't continue comments, sawfish-client does \
> exec sawfish-client -q - <$0
> (defvar arf "arf")
> (print arf)

Good idea, but here follows what issues this command on my terminal:

sawfish 1.3, Copyright (C) 1999-2000 John Harper
sawfish comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details see the file COPYING

Enter `,help' to list commands.
user> #!/bin/sh
user> # sh doesn't continue comments, sawfish-client does \
user> exec sawfish-client -q - <$0
user> (defvar arf "arf")
arf
user> (print arf)

"arf""arf"

Apparently there is no way to disable echoing (shouldn't the -q
option be supposed to do it?).

Another problem is that in this way you can't pass argv variables.

Cheers.