Re: a problem

On Thu, Nov 24, 2005 at 09:18:48PM +0100, Christian Marillat wrote:
> Christopher Pinon <pinon sdf-eu org> writes:
>
> [...]
>
> > I don't use Debian, but I guess that the Debian package of sawfish was
> > compiled with gnome support, and this is why it has the gnome
> > dependencies. If you have the space, then the easiest solution would be
> > just to install the gnome dependencies as well. You could still use
> > sawfish without running gnome, I think.
>
> As the debian maintainer, the sawfish package doens't depends on any
> GNOME libraries (short version) :

[...]

OK, fine, but you don't have to convince me. :-) I was merely replying
to the original poster, who said that the Debian package of sawfish
needed "many gnome packages" as well, and I was simply trying to suggest
why, if true. But it looks like it isn't true (and you should know), so
the original poster was mistaken or I misunderstood him.

In any case, thanks for the clarification!

Christopher