Re: a problem

On Thu, Nov 24, 2005 at 11:04:29AM +0100, Christian Marillat wrote:
> ??? <jiangsq gmail com> writes:
>
> > hi all~
>
> Hi,
>
> >       i am a newcomer.
> >
> >       i hava installed a debian base system and x-windows-system-core
> > on my computer.
> >
> >      but when i  $apt-get install sawfish ,it tell me sawfish wm  need
> > many gnome packages.
> >      Any libraries need installed?

I don't use Debian, but I guess that the Debian package of sawfish was
compiled with gnome support, and this is why it has the gnome
dependencies. If you have the space, then the easiest solution would be
just to install the gnome dependencies as well. You could still use
sawfish without running gnome, I think.

A more elegant solution would be to compile sawfish yourself without
gnome support and make your own .deb and install it. This takes more
know-how, but it's not so hard in general and is useful even for Debian
users to learn how to do sometimes. :-)

Christopher