Re: sawfish taskbar

Ewan Mellor wrote:

On Sun, Feb 06, 2005 at 09:39:22AM +0100, Phil wrote:

Hi everyone,

I'm new to Sawfish (I use sawfish-1.2-3mdk, rpm for mandrake 10.0), and I'd like to give the taskbar a try, if possible -- I've read that the taskbar is hidden by default, and seen some screenshots of sawfish with a taskbar --. *If* ever it is included in the rpm I installed, do I have to modify a file (sawmill-defaults or something) to be able to see it?

I don't think that Sawfish has a taskbar of its own, but there are third-party
taskbars available.  You could use the Gnome taskbar, if you are using Gnome,
in which case you want to configure that under the Gnome Control Centre, or
there is a taskbar here:

http://freshmeat.net/projects/taskbar/

HTH,

Ewan.

Another good taskbar is PyPanel. Right now it works a bit funky with sawfish (it redraws when you highlight text, and won't minimize stuff unless you tell it your wm is openbox) but I emailed the author and I think in the next version he's going to put a fix specific to sawfish. Strangely this doesn't happen in any other wm's though.