Sawfish and full maximization

I used to be convinced that some windows (apps) like terminal emulator,
could not be fully maximized (ie maximized so that the window borders
would exactly fit the viewport dimensions.

Problematic applications are those whose size increment units are
dependent to the column/line width/height (themselves related to the
font size in vterms).

Sawfish maximize those applications so the maximum numbers of
columns/lines fit within the screen. This makes maximized windows not to
cover the whole viewport. I have no idea about how other WM do, but I
wonder how to make sawfish fully maximize those apps. Any idea ?

--
Jérôme