Sawfish windows overlap gnome-panels

Hi,
I have a  RH9.0 installation with these versions:
sawfish version 1.3
Gnome gnome-panel 2.2.0.1
Gnome gnome-session 2.2.0.2

When I drag a sawfish window (eg, a gnome-terminal) over the gnome-panel (either hidden or not), the sawfish window overlays the panel. This prevents me from raising the panel with a mouse-over in the area of overlap, of course. My previous installation of gnome and sawfish kept the panel on top always. In my current configuraton, the metacity WM does keep the panel on top. How do I configure sawfish to stay below the panels?

Thanks,
Jim Haefner