Introduction - Disable USB on lockscreen

Hi, my name is George-Cristian Muraru and I am second year student at the
Politehnica University of Bucharest. I am currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree in
Computer Science.

The project "Disable USB on lockscreen" [0], mentor Tobias Mueller, has the purpose
to block the USB ports while the screen is locked (duh...if you did not realized from
the name :) ), but would be extended to block any device that the user does not
allow to connect.

The current idea is to use the device descriptors and search a local database to
see if the device was already connected. If the device is in that database then it was
already seen and it is a trusted device (we may let it connect). If the device was not
recognized, the user will be asked if he wants to have that device added to the dataset
or to be blocked (is not a familiar device).

Well, mainly this is the main direction of the project, but with time and new ideas
the project could have many different features (only a port to be scanned for new
devices, always block all devices etc.).

Hope you guys like it and I am looking forward to hear your ideas about the project!

Have a nice day,
George

[0] https://github.com/murarugeorgec/USB-checking