Re: Concrete ideas for the December-March OPW?

Hi.

On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 01:33:32PM -0500, Michael Catanzaro wrote:
Yes, this seems like a good starting point, but I would expect more than
just this much from an OPW project.
I wouldn't. There is enough room to play even with the simple idea.

So for the non-lock screen case:
nowadays a malicious USB storage device will identify itself as a
keyboard or network device or a USB hub to the operating system. I
wonder if it would be feasible to protect users against this, e.g. by
popping up a dialog with a big picture of a storage drive opposite an
image of a keyboard and asking "What did you plug in?"
Interesting idea.  I like it! I would advise against popups though. Especially
those which are security relevant.
Another approach could be a tool which you need to open in order to activate
your plugged in device.
In that tool you see the device and its types. Then you press a toggle button
in order to activate (or deactivate) the device.

Cheers,
  Tobi