Re: [sabayon] Profiles Not Being Applied to LDAP Users and Groups on LTSP

On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 7:09 AM, Alex Brown <alexjrb bellsouth net> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was wondering if anyone has experienced the issue where profiles are not
> being applied to LDAP users and groups.
>
> I have an LTSP server that uses LDAP authentication.  The LTSP server is
> running on Ubuntu 10.04 and that's where Sabayon is installed.  Sabayon can
> see the groups and users but when the users login in, the profiles are not
> being applied.  However, the profiles are bing applied for local users.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Alex

I haven't played with LTSP, LDAP or Sabayon for a good couple of
years, but my guess would be where the profiles are being stored. If
they are local, then the LTSP chroot wouldn;'t have them and thus
couldn't apply what it doesn't have.

Corey