Re: [sabayon] The "I can't type" bug

On Wed, 2009-06-10 at 21:07 -0500, Federico Mena Quintero wrote:

> However, there is a huuuuuge bug with Xephyr:  you can't type at all!
> Xephyr actually gets no keyboard events --- I confirmed this with gdb.

Found the reason for this bug.

When you do "Xnest -parent <id>", Xnest actually uses the window you
specify for drawing and to get events.

However, "Xephyr -parent <id>" makes Xephyr create a subwindow inside
the window you specify; that's the subwindow that Xephyr uses for
drawing and events.  Thus, it doesn't get events sent to the parent
window.

I'll make Sabayon detect when Xephyr creates its subwindow, and make it
send events to that.  This is kind of hard with pygtk, as due to
bgo#156948 it doesn't marshal GdkFilterFunc properly.  I'll add some
custom binding code as we have in sabayon/lib/xlib.c...

  Federico