[sabayon] The "I can't type" bug

Hi, everyone,

I've been playing with Fedora's patch to make Sabayon use Xephyr instead
of Xnest.  This avoids many spurious crashes in the session's apps,
which are mostly due to the apps not handling Xnest's lack of certain X
extensions.

However, there is a huuuuuge bug with Xephyr:  you can't type at all!
Xephyr actually gets no keyboard events --- I confirmed this with gdb.

I started looking for the source of this bug and it's rather puzzling.
Inside Sabayon, SessionWidget creates an InputOnly window which it
maps/unmaps during focus events.  I went as far as disabling the
InputOnly window completely, to see if it was capturing all the keyboard
events inadvertently, but that didn't work --- Xephyr still doesn't get
keyboard events event with no InputOnly window covering it.

The cause of the problem is that the Xephyr window never gets the X
input focus.  I'm just wondering how the hell this works fine with
Xnest.  Neither Xnest nor Xephyr actually grab the X input focus, so
Sabayon must be doing something to make them get keyboard events.

Any ideas? :)

  Federico