[sabayon] Sabayon 2.27 intltool >= 0.40.0 , RedHat 4 / 5

Folks

We have recently switched over to Gnome from KDE and are using RedHat 4U7 workstations
I was hoping that Sabayon might be able to help with configuration of Gnome Menu's for all users.

However I get the following error on Configure
checking for intltool >= 0.40.0... 0.31.2 found
configure: error: Your intltool is too old.  You need intltool 0.40.0 or later.

The problem is that RedHat has not updated intltool to version 0.40 , in fact even under RedHat 5 they only have gone to version 0.35

Is there a version of Sabayon that I can use for RedHat 4U7 which uses Gnome 2.8.0

Thanks

Matthew
Registered in England and Wales No.811900
Registered Office 33 Cavendish Square, London W1G 0PW
This e-mail and any attachments are intended only for the person or entity
to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential or privileged
information.  If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, reproduction,
copying, distribution, or use of this communication is strictly prohibited.
If you are not the intended recipient or person responsible for delivering
this message to the named addressee, please notify us immediately and delete
this e-mail.
It is the responsibility of the addressee to scan this email and any
attachments for computer viruses or other defects.  The sender does not
accept liability for any loss or damage of any nature, however caused,
which may result directly or indirectly from this email or any file attached.