Re: [sabayon] Moving Pessulus

On 7/9/07, Rob Bradford <rob robster org uk> wrote:
On Fri, 2007-07-06 at 20:14 +0530, Sayamindu Dasgupta wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> Most of you must have seen my post on p.g.o, asking for possible
> methods on how to do subversion to subversion migration.
> There have been quite a few responses
> (http://sayamindu.randomink.org/ramblings/2007/07/06/subversion-question/#commentlist),
> with svn2svn (http://blog.yanime.org/articles/2006/05/15/svn2svn)
> looking pretty interesting .
> However, the major issues with svn2svn are
> more larger modules.

Could you not use an external module? And then have that included into
the sabayon tree. I'm not 100% sure about the motivation behind moving
Pessulus into the Sabayon tree. I have heard of people using Pessulus
without Sabayon to lockdown down a single machine for a single user.

Agreed. I'm thinking of a separate executable to Pessulus as well
(which is provided by the Sabayon package)

An
svn external hook would still allow this to be possible without the
hassle of having to "make update" ([1]). There urgently needs to be some
integration since Pessulus and Sabayon had a different UI in the last
major GNOME release.

I'm not discounting the merge, and if Vincent is happy to go ahead then
I think that that will be to the benefit of the majority of users (via
Sabayon.)

I think Vincent was not opposed to the idea of merge. See
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/sabayon-list/2007-January/msg00029.html

This is also mentioned in the Pessulus roadmap at
http://live.gnome.org/RoadMap/Pessulus

<quote>
What are your plans for GNOME 2.20 (next 4 months, before feature and
UI freezes)?

   * pessulus code will likely be integrated in sabayon
</quote>

Cheers,
Sayamindu

--