Re: [sabayon] Predefining Bookmarks for Nautilus/GTKFilechooser

On 7/3/07, Sayamindu Dasgupta <sayamindu randomink org> wrote:
Hi all,
Would a dedicated tool (attached with Sabayon) to add/remove items in
the place menu in Nautilus (and sidebar of GTKFileChooser) be a good
thing to have ?
Suggestions, ideas, comments are invited.

Cheers,
Sayamindu

I would love to see a tool, but I think it should be the start of
complimentary tool controlling settings, via a tree view, showing the
following:

* panel applets (what they are, not where they are)
* places in Nautilus
* Browser bookmarks
* Printers
* Icons on the desktop (what they are, not where they are)

The idea would be that this would not replace the graphical view,
merely offer a different way into the settings, albeit a slightly more
traditional one and likely slightly faster for certain things.

Corey