[sabayon] Profile Not Saving

Federico,

Sorry for the late response.  I tried installing 2.19.1 but had some dependency problems.  Plus I am a little out of practise and have gotten used to .deb packages.  So could you tell me what rawhide is? and how I get the GConf2-2.8.1-2, gnome-python2-2.6.0-5 and libxml2-gnome from it.  I am sure this is a really dumb question but I just don't know, sorry.

Two quick questions though (to anyone who knows) that would also help me out, is I have two tasks which I don't seem able to do not only with Sabayon but also gconf-editor.
1) I currently use gconftool-2 to set the background image to the mandatory xml file.  However clients can still choose to have no wallpaper at all. Is there a way of setting this in sabayon and locking it down they have to have a wallpaper?
2) The most important though is that after I lock down my desktop I still get an option when right clicking the main menu to "Edit Menus", all my students have to do is click "Defaults" and all the software I removed from their menu reappears. Is there a way to remove this in sabayon? I thought the option was running Alacarte and used chmod -x to remove the ability to run this, but it didn't work, the only process that appears when I run the program is python.

Thank you in advance for any help I receive,
Simon

--
G-mail: SimonMarkHolland Gmail com
Chandra Kusuma School, Perumahan Cemara Asri, Blok O, Jln Cemara, Deliserdang, 20371, Medan, North Sumatera, INDONESIA