[sabayon] Sabayon Profile Editor

I have progressed a little further with an understanding of the problem.  I have imported profiles from other machines onto the problematic system, and find that even these open as standard gnome setups.  So every time the profile editor opens, regardless of whether I am creating a new theme or loading an existing one, its always loading the default theme.

The system is not saving either as when I apply an edited profile to a new user I get the standard setup again, but I can apply themes created on different machines.  This doesn't particularly help me as I have different software on the other machine so cant create a standard profile.

As a temporary stopgap I am logging directly into the user profile to edit settings.  I would however still like to know whats going wrong, it isn't the first time this has happened and I am sure someone else out there has a problem even if they are suffering quietly!

If I solve the problem I will post a solution, as judging from the responce to my last post (or lack there of) everybody is possitively dumbfounded by this.  Perhaps when I have more time I will download the source code and have a gander.

Simon
--
Chandra Kusuma School,
Perumahan Cemara Asri, Blok O, Jln Cemara, Deliserdang, 20371,